Wednesday, April 28

Fresh Fridays

Almost every Friday for the last two months I've been doing my grocery shopping in Spokane. I have two places that I go to; Lorien and Fresh Abundance. I can't get enough of either of these stores and I refuse to shop anywhere else (buy local!). I only go to Lorien's once every two or three months to hoard up on spices, but visits to Fresh Abundance have become weekly rituals. They have an awesome organic bulk section, all organic (and some local) produce and everyone who works there is super chill. So, of course, last Friday I got me some groceries and cooked up some food!


Local Raw Milk! Eat Well, Be Well, Do Good! Gluton Free Foods! Local Organic Foods!

How can you not love a store front with a fence and gate!
Some orzo with onions, shallots, carrots, garlic, lentils, leek and cilantro.

My friend Meg gave me half of a white onion over the weekend and I said I would do something special with it. I couldn't decide on a special meal, so I cut it into strips for lentil soup (because I don't have noodles) and added a little onion flower.

Potatoes and carrots covered in a creamy, spicy tomato soup. Delicious!
The cilantro is sprouting!
I'm going to take this opportunity to point out that the super new and hi-tech camera I'm using casts a shadow from the lens. Well done, Olympus, good juxtaposition of lens to flash. Not that I'm complaining, I'm super stoked to have a camera again! It just seems like rather silly placement.

That's all for today, folks! Check back tomorrow for some arty shtuff.

peacepeace

No comments:

Post a Comment